NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Friday 27 July 2012

NicaBell Review: Simple Skincare Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser

I know that the face is not naturally matte but who would like to have oil slick on their face, right?

Hello peeps! 

I love the Simple Skincare "Kind To Skin" line. So I figure the other range should be good as well. Thus, my next mission is to try the Simple Skincare "Clear Skin" Oil Balancing Moisturiser.



Brand: Simple Skincare
Made in: UK
Range: Clear Skin/ Oil Balancing
Skincare Type: Moisturizer/ face primer/ makeup base/ shine controller
Product Volume: 75ml
Main promoted/key/active ingredients: Vitamin E, Pro-Vitamin B5, Zinc PCA, Phytosphingosine
Claims: Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser is a perfect blend of ingredients to help maintain moisture levels throughout the day whilst giving long lasting shine control. Perfect for even sensitive skin.

What it says on the tube: Zinc PCA goodness for healthy clear skin natural antibacterial 

Ingredients: Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis Oil (Chamomile Oil),Zinc PCA,Phytosphingosine / Phytosphingosine HCL, Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch Modified, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Benzophenone-4, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate

Pricing: Bought this for RM17.68 at Guardian Store in 1Borneo. It was on sale so I am not sure how much is it when it is on normal price. I doubt it will be expensive. A great value for 75ml worth of product^^

Texture: It has a gel like texture. White color.

Application: It doesn't feel oily, greasy nor is it heavy. It has a light fresh scent, nothing overwhelming. A small amount, pea size, is enough to cover the whole face. Easily absorbed into the skin. Your skin will feel dry but won't feel uncomfortable or tight. Smoothen the surface of my face after application.

My skin looked matte for longer hours. If I wore this around 6 or 6.10am, my skin will start slight but healthy shine around/after 10. Then looked more dewy afternoon, 2pm. I only need to blot excessive oil after my working ours on 5pm. For me, this is well enough to control shine!

Good as a makeup base as well. Smaller pores and better staying power for makeup.

Start using this around the last week of May and still using it now. I found that there are less blemishes on my face. Still some pimples popping out (I have crazy hormone) but it will dry out/calms down/ less angry after using this moisturizer.

Dry skin is not recommended to use. I have angry dry skin on the side of my nose at the moment and it does not tolerate well with the moisturizer. (But I suspected that the dryness was cause by me, using the Simple Skincare Deep Cleansing Mask for too long before hand though) The skin on the side of my nose become even drier till the corner of my nose produces/leaks clear fluid that will turn crusty. The skin surrounding  the corner of the two side of my nose become red and very dry. I have to use the Simple Skincare Hydrating Light Moisturiser on the area to boost hydration. It is okay for now because I am still using different moisturizers on the other port of my face and the side of my nose. My forehead is dry but not as dry as the side of my nose but still tolerable with the moisturizer.

I love that:-
~ It is light and easily absorb.
~ Control shine
~ Calms down the angry acne
~ Didn't feel tightness
~ Minimize pores
~ Didn't break me out
~ Moisturize the face quite well
~ If I pinch/pop a pimple, I'll just put this on the surface of the pimple to minimize bacterial infection and cure the pimple at the same time.

I dislike that:-
~ The dry area of my skin needs more hydrating which can't get enough from the moisturizer. (But I often use the Garnier Aqua Defense Essence before moisturizer if I feel that I need more hydrating power. Do this only at night!)
~ If only it can control redness, this moisturizer will be the BOMB!
~ May be drying your skin, you combination peeps...

Will I purchase it again? Definitely yes! It may not tolerable to the dry area but it work wonders for the oily/acne prone/sensitive skin which all I am.

I'll give this product 4 out of 5 stars. I have good experience with the product. So why not give it a good grade^^

Till next time.

Buh bye^^

xoxo

NicaBell

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for beautiful review.This product is really best for our skin so i send this information to my lot of friends.

    PCA Skin Clearskin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart